Wednesday, March 21, 2012

WANDERLUST WITH :: MAGGIE ROSE

Maggie here from Maggie Rose Interiors. Instead of my usual Interiors to Inspire today, I'm taking inspiration from my most-dreamed of travel destination: the Andes mountains of Peru.







The region is known for its wool and leather (and of course, the beautiful ruins of Machu Picchu). Even while I only dream of someday exploring this amazing place, I can bring a little bit of it home for flare that you can't get at a box store.







This vase would be perfect nestled into my travel section of my bookshelves. This wooden accent table features detailed leatherwork. The geometric patterns of the woven cloth are timeless - while it's made as a carrying cloth, I would throw it over the back of a chair or even have it framed as art. The pillow is a very traditional design made with natural dyes. The mirror is made by painting the backside of glass so the delicate artwork won't be damaged (the motif is "Garden of Love"). This onyx necklace would dress up even a white tee. Finally, I would add this dress to my closet in a heartbeat - the designs are inspired by Peruvian traditions and made in the Andes.



First image from Machu Picchu, Your Travel Guide.





No comments:

Post a Comment