Tuesday, March 27, 2012

TO A TEE (AND A FULL-LENGTH SKIRT)

Last summer I purchased a full-length white skirt on whim. Being short (at 5'2") and somewhat curvy, I'm not always good at pulling this look off. The skirt has some fullness to it, though, and accentuates the waist quite nicely. But my favorite part about it is that I don't use it to dress up... I pair it with a basic tee. Just like this.

Frédéric Pinet for Marie Claire UK2

vogue uk freja in jil sander

duskjacketattic2

The difference is, since my skirt is white, the top gets to be more colorful and playful which draws the eye up (instead of the focus being my short legs, it's my longer torso!). I can't wait for the sun to emerge a bit around here so I can start wearing it again!  This is by far one of my favorite looks for summer soirees! 





*images: frédéric pinet for marie claire, freja beha in jill sander for vogue via here, and photographer unknown via dustjacket attic





No comments:

Post a Comment